on July 7, 2010 in Deficit, GDP, Government Spending 2 Comments
With deficit spending running at about 7% of gdp modest growth should continue, with the ‘hand off’ coming when private sector credit expansion kicks in, which could be a while.
Slowing, but still firmly in expansionary mode.
15 industries expand, 2 contract, 4 unch.
What respondents are saying…
- “The general upswing in the economy, albeit minor, has had a positive effect.” (Arts, Entertainment & Recreation)
- “Pricing pressures continue to increase as we see the economy begin to improve. Orders are still lagging in our industry.” (Professional, Scientific & Technical Services)
- “Slow pace, but better than last year at this time.” (Accommodation & Food Services)
- “Funding issues and cash flow issues continue to affect public sector procurement. Almost all capital acquisitions have been suspended.” (Public Administration)
- “We have seen a slight improvement in business activity over the past month.” (Wholesale Trade)