All key components up; prices paid lower but still at high level.
Employment up 4pts and up 4.5pts relative to 6mth avg.
Hopefully, BLS can put a reasonable number on snowstorm impact on Friday.
Ex-snow and census workers, would look for +25-50k number.
WHAT RESPONDENTS ARE SAYING …
- “Conditions for our business have substantially improved over the last three months.” (Information)
- “We are proceeding with caution based upon the current market conditions.” (Public Administration)
- “Business activity about the same as last month. Perhaps a slight increase in new orders for material and services — nothing major.” (Utilities)
- “The overall unemployment and the net effect of housing [instability] continue to affect our business.” (Retail Trade)
- “Business is okay. Customers are doing a lot of price shopping.” (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting)