Posted by WARREN MOSLER on September 17th, 2009
- Initial down 12k to 545k
- Continuing + Emergency + Extended up 161k
- Starts up 0.2% in August with single family down 3%, first drop in this sector since Feb
- Permits up 2.7% with single family down 0.2%, first drop in this sector since March
- Headline improves 10pts to 14.1, but details on the weak side (headline not a weighted avg of components)
- Prices Paid less Prices Received, new orders, and number of employees all worsen. Improvement most notable in current shipments.