[Skip to the end]
Reaction possible dampened by the recent rally, but this is a really bad number, especially as it relates to consumer income and spending.
But really weak across many metrics and shows a worsening, not just less bad.
- NFP -263k w/net revisions -13k
- UE rate up from 9.657% to 9.832%
- HOURS -0.5%
- Diffusion Index 34.9 to 31.9
- AHE +0.1%
- Total Unemployment (Discouraged workers, would rather be full-time,etc) up from 16.8% to 17%
- Main weakness was retail (-30k net change), Education (-43k net change) and State and Local Govt (-30k net change)
Labor Income is HoursXJobsXHourly Earnings. Looks like will be down about 0.5% for the month and will drive y/y personal income even more negative.
Tough to see inflation with that background!