Posted by WARREN MOSLER on November 6th, 2008
Initial recommendations for President Obama:
- Offer a $10 per hour national service job to anyone willing and able to work.
- Declare a payroll tax holiday and have the Treasury make all FICA payments at least until the economy is deemed to be ‘overheating.’
- Cut the national speed limit for private ground transportation to 30 mph to immediately reduce gasoline consumption (and save lives).
- Implement needed infrastructure spending for deferred maintenance.
- Suspend the Fed swap line program.
- Suspend a variety of the recent, counterproductive assistance programs to the financial sector.