Right, and still looks to me that with an 8%+ US federal budget there won’t be a major collapse in aggregate demand.
Main story is in the revisons
- July durables -1.5% ex-aircraft and defense (up 4% headline)
- But the core measure was revised from -.4% to +.6% for June and from 1.7% to 1.9% for May
- Shipments (matters more for current quarter GDP) up 0.2% ex-aircraft and defense (2.5% headline)
- Core shipments for June revised from 1% to 1.9%
- 3mth annualized rate for core shipments up from 11.1% to 13.6%
- Big caveat is this is July data