Warren Mosler of Mosler Automotive Seeks Managing Partner

Warren Mosler of Mosler Automotive Seeks Managing Partner

Warren Mosler, founder and owner of Mosler Automotive, manufacturer of the Mosler MT900 road and race cars, has announced that he is seeking to sell a majority interest in Mosler Automotive to a managing partner. “I’m 61 years old, about to start collecting social security, and living too far away here in the US Virgin Islands to properly manage the company on a day to day basis. It’s time for me to find an enthusiast interested being on the Florida site full time and taking the reins as majority owner,” said Warren Mosler, who founded the company in 1985, “With the latest Mosler Photon road car, (winner of the Car and Driver Lightning Lap), and increased production capacity coming online, job One for the new owner/manager will be implementing a global marketing effort.”

Mosler Automotive is based in Riviera Beach in Florida, and includes Mosler Europe in Cambridgeshire in the UK, where Martin Short leads Mosler’s immensely successful international racing efforts. With over 20 teams world wide racing Moslers on circuits all over the world.

“In GT3 racing the Mosler remains very competitive around a race track compared to the latest and greatest entries from competing manufacturers including Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini, despite hundreds of pounds of ballast and other restrictions to slow it down. It looks spectacular and will surely remain competitive for a very long time to come. This last weekend saw a pole and double Mosler GT3 win in Australia where 5 Moslers compete in the Australian GT Series.” said Martin Short, “In other European series, the Moslers are allowed to compete without severe restrictions, and the result is lap times many seconds a lap quicker than GT3 cars and over-all victories for the series. We are as far afield as Japan in the Super GT series.”.

Warren is willing to sell a majority interest in his company to the right buyer for a fraction of the value of the real estate and the inventory. “I want a partner who has the right stuff to keep this company on top” said Mosler.

Links:

Mosler Auto

Mosler UK

Mosler Challenge

Klark Quinn wins again in the Aussie GT series March 2011.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Warren Mosler of Mosler Automotive Seeks Managing Partner

1. yuen lim says:

your direct email, warren?

warren.mosler@gmail.com

2. Yuen lim says:

I’m all ears, Warren.
    Asset list?

pile of half done cars, several sets of body work, tools, molds, all kinds of parts of all kinds, computer info
    of all kinds including models for cutting tools for parts, etc.

replacement cost- millions
    Sale price- $650,000 not including use of the name ‘Mosler’

3. Yuen Lim says:

good luck with the sale, Warren.

The car is excellent!!!

Reduce the cost of mfg., smaller building, outsource and assemble only. You won’t need so many employees and the cars will sell cheaper to a wider range demographic.

I know this, since I mfg. cars myself.

want to buy my company cheap?
    ;)

4. Dear Warren,

I run a small fund in CT (USA). I am an sports car enthusiast. I am fond of the Mosler. Circumstances are such that I am concluding the purchase of a small performance car business located very close to Mosler. More interesting, the business will need new space to continue with low volume production. We just completed our latest racing prototype in concert with Ford Racing. Our Company is led by a capable group who will report in to me. The combination with Mosler has real appeal, as the two cars are complimentary. My associate has made contact with an agent for Mosler, but the communication does not seem to be fluid. Might we make contact with you directly? Of course, our objective is not to circumvent your appointed agent in any way. We are simply interested in the potential of developing a potential transaction.

5. Jason says:

Now I get it. Divesting assets prior to a Presidential run in 2012. Smart move Warren. We can always hope….

6. beowulf says:

Warren, since GT racing is more popular overseas than here in the States, its likely the guy most eager to invest is going to be a foreign racing enthusiast. Perhaps as a selling point, it’d be worth hiring an immigration lawyer to structure the sale to easily qualify a new partner (and his dependents) for a EB-5 investor visa.

The EB-5 criteria is $1 million investment (half that for rural or high unemployment area, so probably not PBC) and directly creates or, if company is losing money, saves at least 10 jobs. If the investment is pre-qualified via an EB-5 regional center (Palm Beach County’s local one at link), then Uncle Sam will accept an economist report that the investment will indirectly create 10 jobs.

I don’t know what kind of paperwork is involved in applying for an EB-5 visa (or registering, if possible, with a regional center) but its definitely worth talking to an immigration lawyer if you think tossing in green cards for the whole family would sweeten the deal.

good idea! want to spearhead it for me?

beowulf Reply:

Let me do some more research on EB-5 program and I’ll drop you a line by gmail. As for finding the right ex-KGB robber baron/gearhead to partner with, you’re on your own. :o)

7. Mario says:

you are the man Warren. Good luck and all the best to your efforts with this and finding the perfect match. I am sure it is out and it will come. As they say…don’t chase the bid, let the bid chase you. Cheers mate! ;)

8. Tim says:

I will gladly offer services for free just to see the creation get the credit it truly deserves as the rest of the industry tries to play catch up. :)

9. Ivan says:

Would that be an improper fraction?