[Skip to the end]
I have long been a fighter against wasteful spending in Washington and long an advocate for a balanced budget — that will never change.
Glad he lost, no deficit is a lot worse than any of the current proposals, even though they fall far short of my proposals:
- Full payroll tax holiday with Tsy making the payments for us.
- $300 billion to the states on a per capita basis with no strings attached.
- $8 job funding for anyone willing and able to work.
- Allow the Fed to lend unsecrured to it’s member banks (demanding collateral is redundant and disruptive with current FDIC arrangements).
- Implement a strategy to immediately reduce gasoline consumption.
- This reverses the current slide, and gives Congress time to implement their specific
proposals in an orderly manner.
I realize we face extraordinary challenges with our economy today, but that is not an excuse for more irresponsibly from Washington. I hope you will join me in saying no to this stimulus package as it currently exists by signing this petition.
Chair, Country First PAC